MaxBarry.com
on sale now

Max Barry wrote the novels Syrup, Jennifer Government, Company, Machine Man, and Lexicon. He also created the game NationStates and once found a sock full of pennies.

Blog

Wed 21
Dec
2011

Video: Machine Man Book Reading

Machine Man A long video of a Machine Man book reading at Embiggen Books in Melbourne, Australia (October 2011).

Comments

This is where site members post comments. If you're not a member, you can join here. There are all kinds of benefits, including moral superiority!

Machine Man subscriber Stygian Emperor (#2947)

Location: Austin, TX
Quote: "Hope is but the first step down the path to disappointment."
Posted: 1038 days ago

Jeez, are you reading the whole book?

Machine Man subscriber Max

Location: Melbourne, Australia
Quote: "I'm my number one fan!"
Posted: 1033 days ago

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Machine Man subscriber Stygian Emperor (#2947)

Location: Austin, TX
Quote: "Hope is but the first step down the path to disappointment."
Posted: 1030 days ago

Fair enough.

Jackie (#5869)

Location: Tucson, AZ
Posted: 1015 days ago

I just went through an ungodly amount of work (read: three minutes of typing and clicking?) to say "hi" to Charles, who has been trying to make me come here for years, and I get here and I don't even see him on the first two comments sections I looked at. I'm Audi. Tell that bitch Charles I'm looking for him.

Jackie (#5869)

Location: Tucson, AZ
Posted: 1015 days ago

Ignore tense issues on last post. Still looking for that bitch Charles, though.

Machine Man subscriber Charles Thiesen (#3)

Location: Dorchester, MA
Quote: "Never put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrw."
Posted: 1012 days ago

Huh?! Wha?!

Sorry, I've been sleeping under a mountain waiting to be summoned. Who disturbs my slumber?

Eridani (#5879)

Location: Melbourne
Posted: 983 days ago

Max. I recently won a Yahoo!7 competition with means I get to go to AdTech in Sydney for free. I also get to invite 6 people to a cocktail party with the intention of "networking" we were encouraged to invite our directors, I see them every day, so I've chosen to invite, amongst others, you. I have been asked why. This is my answer:

"Max Barry seems to pertain an unparalleled ability to tell it like it is. Massive egos are rife in this industry, they are inflamed by the tonnes of people who are willing to bolster them. Sometimes the thing I'd like most is an objective, non biased, honest and most importantly a uniquely insightful opinion. I think Max would be willing, and is well qualified to provide that service. I would reciprocate by providing him with the same service, for example "Max, in my opinion, the head shot on your website header is unnecessary. You are not Anthony Robbins and I do not need to be encouraged by your smiling face to read the stuff you write." That is why I want him in my network."

It was a competition of skill, not chance. I'm pretty enthusiastic about my career. There's a short bio on me here: www.bandt.com.au/news/yahoo7-reveal-digital-stars

Comments are now closed for this post.

Built on Blosxom