MaxBarry.com
if you were him you'd be home now

Max Barry wrote the novels Syrup, Jennifer Government, Company, Machine Man, and Lexicon. He also created the game NationStates and once found a sock full of pennies.

Blog

Wed 06
Jul
2011

MTV: On the Set of Syrup

Syrup From here!

Comments

This is where site members post comments. If you're not a member, you can join here. There are all kinds of benefits, including moral superiority!

Jak (#2464)

Quote: "The Straight-Jacket makes it hard to type."
Posted: 1759 days ago

The bleeped out "Fukk"s are hilarious.

Machine Man subscriber Max

Location: Melbourne, Australia
Quote: "I'm my number one fan!"
Posted: 1759 days ago

Yeah, especially as they're standing next to a big poster saying FUKK.

Jack Brownfield (#5166)

Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Quote: "God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world."
Posted: 1759 days ago

Kind of pointless to bleep out.

Machine Man subscriber Adam (#24)

Location: Morristown, Indiana
Quote: "Why do I blog? Simple, because Max Barry blogs."
Posted: 1758 days ago

Thu 07
July
2011

PINK ROOM

This week my wife and I are house sitting for an executive of a large corporation. I feel like a rockstar living in this mansion. All is well, except the room I am staying in pink. Not just a little pink. All pink. The curtains are pink. The bed is pink. The Barbie house. Pink. Also, there is a chandelier too. And diamonds on the wall...the pink wall.

Also, I use the phrase, "my wife and I". That's right. I got married last summer, and no one gave us magnets as a wedding gift.
Those machine man magnets with the mustache guy would look pretty good* on my fridge, which is lacking magnets.

That is all,

-Adam

*by "pretty good", I mean whatever adjective would be enough to describe the magnet on my fridge in such a way that you, Max, would send them to me. Awesome? Is that good enough? Fantastic? ...whatever that descriptive word would be, that's what I really mean.

Swkoll (#5394)

Location: USA
Quote: ":)"
Posted: 1758 days ago

Awesome!

Machine Man subscriber Todd (#3429)

Location: New York
Quote: "It's fun to have fun but you have to know how."
Posted: 1758 days ago

Holy mackerel! I still can't get over how awesome this is.

Machine Man subscriber David (#1456)

Location: Sydney, Australia
Quote: "Why are the pretty ones always insane?"
Posted: 1758 days ago

Way to give away the ending dopey overpaid acting dude! I mean, a Hollywood movie in which the central character has to choose between love and greed and chooses love? So radical and unexpected, and he gave it away!

shabooty (#637)

Location: D.C./V.A/M.D.
Quote: "I will shake your foundation. I will shake the f**cking rafters. Nobody'll be the same -Danny Bonaduce ....& go visit my blog @: http://www.shabooty.com"
Posted: 1757 days ago

sweeeeeeeet hey now... :)

by the way, get amber heard's publicist to get amber heard on the howard stern show when she's doing publicity for syrup... it'd be a homerun. she can talk about all the hot famous chicks she's dated. :)

Comments are now closed for this post.

Built on Blosxom